Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 2600
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Yesterday I printed a page.  It came out very light.  The ink levels light is flashing, and the printer will not run.

I do not think I am out of ink.  I am not using HP ink.  It is my understanding that the printer should print, even if lightly, when the ink levels are running low.  When I run the print and scan Dr., Device Status is in black.  When I click on skip, all items have a green check except device status which is orange and has an exclamation point.  After further reading, I removed the color ink cartridge.  The printer now prints in black.  I still don't think I am out of colored ink.  Is there any way to check the ink level in a non HP ink?  What does device status mean?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @dfurness,

I'd like to help!

You can check ink levelson on the rpinter sofware  

Search Windows for HP, and then click your printer name or HP Solution Center. Click Maintain Your Printer, if necessary.

Example of Estimated Ink Levels in HP Printer Assistant

If you have not installed the HP printer software, go to HP Software and Driver Downloads. Identify your printer, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.