Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet ink advantage 4645
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

It says that the black cartridge requires replacement with a blocking message on the display.

(You cannot do anything)

After installing a new black, HP Original 650 cartridge, the message remained - so we changed the colour one too.

Message remains:  check the old cartridges (really less than a month old and we did not even het to 100 pages on them) and they were more than half full - both of them!

So, now we're stuck - obviously something stupid with the printer, what can I do?

Naturally, replacing the cartridges _again_ is a waste of money.

Cheers

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hey @brahmix,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with a cartridge error on your Deskjet Ink Advantage 4645 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, this document outlines how to troubleshoot cartridge errors on your printer.

If after following the above you are still unable to clear the error, the printer needs to be replaced. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to discuss options based on your warranty.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to resolve your issue, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

Please click the Thumbs up icon below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey @brahmix,

Welcome to the HP Support Forums!

I see that you are having some issues with a cartridge error on your Deskjet Ink Advantage 4645 e-All-in-One Printer. I can help you with that.

To start, make sure the printer is plugged directly into a wall outlet and not a surge protector. Once done, this document outlines how to troubleshoot cartridge errors on your printer.

If after following the above you are still unable to clear the error, the printer needs to be replaced. You can contact HP Support by clicking on this link and filling out the form at the bottom to discuss options based on your warranty.

Please let me know the results after following the above. If you are able to resolve your issue, please click on Accept Solution. If you appreciate my help, please click on the thumbs up icon. Both icons are below this post.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” below the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution.

HP Recommended

Thanks, the document helped.

Oddly the problem is the tri-color cartridge (brand new!) - so taking it out we can print in black & white again.

So will be getting a new tri-color.

Thank you again.

HP Recommended

Rather than replace the cartridge on your own, if it is a genuine HP cartridge, contact HP using the link I provided above. If it's in warranty, support should be able to replace it.

~DocCottle
I work on behalf of HP

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.