Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have an HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M177fw. With no recent changes that I am aware of, both my Mac and my Lenovo now receive an error message when I try to print over wifi. The USB direct printing connection doesn't work (same error). Even this form's product detection doesn't connect to the computer. The error message doesn't have specifics - just "error printing".

The printer is still recognized by both devices. The printer itself is still online and appears as it always has. Unplugging and restarting the computer did not change the results. Microsoft's troubleshooter says the print spooler and that the plug and play driver aren't the problem. It also doesn't need a driver update.

What else can I try??

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

There was a wrong word in my first post which should have said, "Unplugging and restarting the PRINTER did not change the results."

But, I'm replying to my own post to report that there IS one more thing someone can try if they have the same issue. Try rebooting your internet. This was taken care of me today during a windstorm when we lost both power and internet. When it came back up, the printer started printing something I sent ages ago and now it works fine! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.