Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Officejet 2620
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I am trying to disable cartridge protection on my older HP officejet 2620. I don't have access to HP Toolbox it seems because I am running windows 10 (brand new desktop), but I also can't access the EWS because it's a heckin' old printer and only has telephone cable jacks for fax purposes, no WiFi capabilities or Ethernet jack.  Is there some way to run Toolbox on my computer?? Help! Thank you!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

The HP toolbox is available for your printer as part of its full feature software.

If you have it installed, you should see an HP Officejet 2600 program on your desktop or under all apps.

If you cannot find it, please follow HP Print and Scan Doctor Utility by selecting Fix Scanning and follow any suggested step, including the steps to install the Full Feature HP software if offered:

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/printers/hppsdr/HPPSdr.exe

As soon as completing the installation, open the HP Officejet 2600 program and click on Maintain Your Printer, there you may find the Cartridge Protection option under Advanced Settings.

Please keep in mind that it disables the feature for future cartridges, any cartridge already used on a printer with Cartridge Protection enabled is locked to the specific printer and cannot be used on any other printer, a cartridge cannot be un-protected once been set as protected to a specific printer with the feature enabled.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.