Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a HP officeJet pro 8720... BEST PRINTER I've ever owned.... but it will not print half card A9 envelopes 8.75" X 5.75" making it useless for my office.... so I need one that will print the A9 envelopes... I'd like to get one like the one I'll be giving away... but if HP has stopped letting their printers.... print A9 envelopes, I'll have to go to a different brand... I know all the old printers have the option... but I want the newest and best printer I can get

thank you all for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Here is the url, https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03890386

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please mark the post that solves your issue as "Accept as Solution".
I am a volunteer and do not work for HP.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

You can create a custom size, follow the steps in this link.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Be sure to set a form of 8.75 long and 5.5 wide to match the printer’s specifications, a different orientation won’t match the supported sizes range for the printer.

Also, when loading the envelopes and closing the tray be sure to follow the prompt on screen and change the Paper Size to Custom.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

the link does not work... could you send it again I'd really like to get this working

thank you

HP Recommended

the message was for 8lives

HP Recommended

Here is the url, https://support.hp.com/ca-en/document/c03890386

HP Recommended

8Lives you're THE BEST! that link works in google chrome and it explained how to make custom sizes and save it ...I saved it as A9 Half Card Envelope and now can print them any time I want just like my old HP printer!!!!! you have no idea how happy I am... for three years I've been kicking myself for buying the HP8720 because it would not print the A9 envelopes.... I've bought two used HP printers that have the  A9 envelope option ...only to watch them both die.... ( $250.00 down the drain) while my HP 8720 sits there laughing at me.  ( plus I keep buying ink for the old printers while paying for HP INSTANT ink for the 8720 that sits there unused.... then I got a private message from a HP employee saying if I called HP SmartFriend they could talk me into getting the 8720 to print them... I did call and spent $14.99 a month plus a $30 activation ( or something like that ) so $49.99  I had the HP on line owners manual open to how to create custom sizes...  so the tech could see it....the tech told me it was not possible to print A9 Envelopes???? then he got his supervisor that told me the same thing..... (case # [Personal Information Removed])

so 8lives you have really saved me

thank you again you have no idea how important this was to me

HP Recommended

Glad I could help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.