Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi @hassanjazz,

Welcome to HP Forums,

I understand that you are getting an E2 error code on the printer and want to know what it is referring to. I will be glad to help.

An E2 error occurs when the printer attempts to print a single-page or multi-page print job, and the paper length selected in the print settings does not match the length of the loaded paper. The printer then prints out the first page with errors.

You can resolve the error by canceling the print job, and then changing the print settings in the printing software.

Frist, Press the Cancel button  to cancel the print job or clear the error.

Then, change the paper settings to match the loaded paper in the printer, Refer https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_6420330-6420419-16

Let me know if this helped or reply for further assistance. 

Please click ‘Accepted Solution’ on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the ‘Thumbs Up’ Icon below.

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am also experiencing an E2 error after every first page of my print for my word documents. Even though my default print settings in my microsoft word is set to a4, I'm still getting the same error over and over again.  Please help, thank you.

HP Recommended

Hello,

I am also getting  E2 error after every first page of my print for my word documents. Even though my default print settings in my microsoft word is set to a4, I'm still getting the same error over and over again. My printer model is desk jet 3635 and os is windows10 . Please help, thank you.

HP Recommended

Hi @sivakumarm14,

Welcome to HP Forums, this is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you.

I understand that you are facing issues with HP DeskJet 3635 All-in-One Printer wherein you are getting an E2 error after every first page prints from the word document.

This issue could occur if the printer detects a mismatch between the paper size loaded and the paper size selected in the print driver.

Let's go through a few steps that may help to fix this issue.

And here are a few steps in the link: Blinking Lights

Note: Please follow the steps under the sub link "The Number of Copies icon alternates between E and 2" in the above document.

Let me know how this works.

You have a good day ahead.

Rainbow23 - HP Support.
HP Recommended

1+ for pointing to what E2 means, but there are actually multiple places where you need to set this up.

In Windows 10 go to "Printers & Scanners", find your printer, select "Manage" and launch "Printer properties", then:

1. Printer properties -> General tab -> Preferences -> Paper/Quality tab -> set desired Paper size -> OK,

2. Advanced tab -> Printing Defaults -> Paper/Quality tab -> set desired Paper size -> OK,

3. Device Settings tab -> Form To Tray Assignment -> Main Tray -> set desired Paper size -> OK.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.