cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
helpmedad
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

error message

HP Recommended
HP Officejet 4500
Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit)

I keep getting the "Out of Paper" error message and the printer will not take the paper even though I have done everything that I could research to try to correct the problem-ie: reload paper, unplug for 30 seconds and reset printer, clean the paper rollers, etc.  It also gives me this same error message when I try to print a test sheet. Is it time to throw it away? The unit is about 6 years old.  

3 REPLIES 3
VJ_R
Level 11
Level 11
2,564 2,556 312 654
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @helpmedad

I found these doc's that may help you

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c02036152

or

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Officejet-4500-All-in-One-Printer-Series---G5/3919445/model/...

Hope this helps.

***** Click the Thumbs UP (Like) on the Right to say 'Thanks'*****

****Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer “Accept as Solution”&"Thumbs up "if it solves your problem.****

-VJ

Although I am an HP Employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.

riley-m
Level 2
Level 2
15 15 0 4
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi helpmedad,

It sounds like you might have an issue with your document feeder. If you feel that you've exhausted your troubleshooting options, it might be time for a new unit... Typically, home printers are estimated to have a 5 year life cycle, so it could definitely be the case that it is time to put your printer out to pasture...

If you have any questions about current printers available I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

riley-m

I am a HP employee, but I'm speaking for myself and not on behalf of HP

Please click the Kudos Star if my post helped you

Please mark the post that solves your problem as "Accepted Solution"
helpmedad
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you for trying to help me. I certainly appreciate all of your efforts. Bottom line is-I tried all of the suggestions with no success. Looks to me like it is time to buy myself an early Christmas present and upgrade to a laser printer. I have been thinking about doing that anyways and I guess this is just the prod in the butt to go and get it done. The worst part about it is that even though the printer is 6 years old, it has not had a lot of use since I purchased it new. 

Thanks again-it's nice to see that there are still people who try and help others who they don't even know. 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation