Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Deskjet F4480
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Like others, I am getting blurry print on SOME parts of SOME items I print off the Internet. Copies and scans, no problem.  I have been through several troubleshooting pages and steps here and on HP support site, cleaned everything, ran alignment several times as well as test pages that look ok, did the printing system reset, I only use original HP cartridges from Staples and just tried a new one (black). Today I tried to print a mailing label from a company... the instructions at the top of the page were fine but the label itself is blurry.  What is that all about??? I tried to find a new printer driver, I have the printer attached to my mac desktop running OS 10.15.7, but it seems there is no HP printer driver for this recent mac OS.  So if that is the problem, what to do??  If that is not the problem, what is?  Others who have cleaned heads and downloaded new drivers for their windows OS have solved this.  That is not working for me.  What is the problem?  I know my printer is old, but it was running perfectly until this.  I can't afford to buy a new printer!  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @jamb2,

If you have already performed the steps from the document  Troubleshooting Print-Quality Issues and the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure.

Please reach out to HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

If you are having trouble navigating through the above options, it's most likely because the device is out of warranty. If yes? please send me a private message with the region you are contacting us from. Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it. 

Hope this helps!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.