cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

faulty cartridges/printhead?

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion laptop

i have just peurchased a office jet pro 9012 printer. from the moment I set it up and turned it on, it makes this horrible gas valve -like noise, then it takes me to the print the aligned page box, without actually printint, or aligning anything (this process takes a few minutes of silence), it then tells me to "check the cartridges and check for leaks. If any cartridges are leaking contact support"..As I mentioned, this is brand new and the cartridges are the ones supplied in the box with the printer, I have performed every step in the support document up until it tells me to purchase a new printhead? am I missing a step, or is this a common problem?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
4,458 4,447 523 701
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I would recommend you returning it and asking for a new one if possible.

My profile on LinkedIn

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
Level 1
4 2 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thank you, I think that is exacty what I will do. Trust me to get the lemon 👎 Its so annoying, I have waited a couple of weeks to have this delivered, now its going to be another few weeks to get this sorted. My study year will almost be over by then 😫 

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation