Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

my primter just over a year old worked fine than it stopped making copies from glass plate. I can scan and print from the web or remotely. works fine but if I place something on the glass plate to make a quick copy page comes out blank something very faint but lets say blank. I tried all the basic troubleshouting rebooting and updating nothing works.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi mike03,

Welcome to HP Forum! I am happy to help you. Have you changed ink cartridges recently? If so, are you able to change to another set of genuine set of cartridges to try out if it works?

Hope it helps! Do let me know if it works for you.

Although I am a HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
***Click Kudos! if this solution works for you or if you like this post.***

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi mike03,

Welcome to HP Forum! I am happy to help you. Have you changed ink cartridges recently? If so, are you able to change to another set of genuine set of cartridges to try out if it works?

Hope it helps! Do let me know if it works for you.

HP Recommended

Well that was it ink cartridge must have been too low. Even though it printed from web page or remotely. Well now I know this machine wont print from plate when ink is low thanks  Funny I had replaced the cartridges just the other day but never thought to try making a copy. I do mostly scanning to my pc.

HP Recommended

Hi mike03,

Glad to know it works for you! :generic:

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.