Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP envy 7640
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Just put Windows 10 onto my computer and now trying to print from my computer onto 4x6 size photo paper, it will not do this even after I change the settings to make sure it does. Will only print from the paper tray. Can you hlep me please. Very frustrating

verna219

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Welcome @verna2197,

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are not able to print to the photo tray after updating to Windows 10. I will certainly do my best to help you.

If you didn't fully uninstall the driver and reinstall the driver, I would suggest to starting there first. Here is the link for the latest drivers:  EN7640_117.exe

Download and run the  Print and Scan Doctor.  It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended
Welcome @verna2197,

Thanks for engaging in the HP Forums! I see by your post that you are not able to print to the photo tray after updating to Windows 10. I will certainly do my best to help you.

If you didn't fully uninstall the driver and reinstall the driver, I would suggest to starting there first. Here is the link for the latest drivers:  EN7640_117.exe

Download and run the  Print and Scan Doctor.  It will diagnose the issue and might automatically resolve it. Let me know the results.

Feel free to click on the "Accept as Solution" button and the "Thumbs Up" for my assistance. Please let me know the results and if there is anything else I can help you with. Thanks!
Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Thank you for replying to me, I am not at home right now. Will be gone until Wednesday as soon as I get home I will try this and let you know if it works or not.

verna2197

HP Recommended

Thank you for your help, I am now able to print photos from the photo tray.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.