Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp enVY 5546

The copying facility on the HP envy printer has become very slow and is poor quality print.   The scan function via the computer works fine.  any ideas how to fix this please

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Is printing also slow?  If so watch/listen to the printer as it prints or copies.  Does the printer make a swath across the page, then pause for 5-15 seconds, before taking another swath?  If so, remove the black cartridge and send a simple print job to the printer (the printer will print in single cartridge mode automatically).  If the printer now prints at near normal speed the black cartridge was at fault and should be replaced.

If the printing is still slow then reinsert the black cartridge, remove the color cartridge and print a page.  If the speed is now normal then the color cartridge is faulty and should be replaced.

If the cartridge causing the slow speeds is an original HP (not refilled or remanufactured) and not low on ink then it may be eligible for warranty replacement, see the document here for information. To get warranty coverage you will need to go to the Contact HP page, then enter the information for your printer

Bob Headrick,  HP Expert

I am not an employee of HP, I am a volunteer posting here on my own time.

If your problem is solved please click the "Accept as Solution" button 

If my answer was helpful please click "Yes" to the "Was this post helpful" question.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.