Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
6600 Officejet
Linux

hp6600 inkjet has error code ox61011bed. What is that? How to fix it.

Made the mistake of inserting a non-hp cartridge and now I keep getting a variety of errors that don't apply except for the 61001bed which is consistent.

Concerned that the off brand cartridge has ruined my printer.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

I just googled the error code and find it refers to a problem with the ink cartridges of ink system.  Is that anything I can do about this at this point?  Most of the google answers deal with updating firmware, drivers, etc.  I doubt that this applies at all.  I  guess what I need is to somehow clean the printer ink system.

HP Recommended

Hi @melkos,

I'd like to help with the printer issue your facing!

Let's try a power reset on the printer

Reset the product

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  • Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Wait at least 60 seconds.
  • Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  • Reconnect the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn the printer on. HP recommends plugging the printer directly into a wall outlet.

Clean the ink cartridge vents

Glue residue from the label on the ink cartridge vents might cause an error.

1. Open the door to access to the ink cartridges.

2. Wait until the carriage stops moving before you continue.

3. Push the tab on an ink cartridge, and then pull the ink cartridge from its slot.

CAUTION: 

Do not leave the ink cartridges outside the printer longer than 30 minutes. Doing so can result in damage to both the printer and the ink cartridges.

Removing an ink cartridge from the printhead

4. If the ink cartridge still has the orange pull-tab attached, pull to remove it.

Remove the orange pull-tab

5. Examine the vent area above the HP logo on the top of the ink cartridge.

Vent area on the top of the cartridge

6. If the vent is clogged, use a straight pin to gently remove excess adhesive from the vent.

1. Clogged vent

2. With a straight pin, gently remove excess adhesive from the vent

3. Unclogged vent

7. Slide the ink cartridge into its slot, and then press down on the ink cartridge until it snaps into place.

Inserting the ink cartridge into place

8. Repeat these steps to inspect the vents on each of the other ink cartridges.

9. Make sure each ink cartridge is firmly inserted in its slot. If any are protruding, press down until the ink cartridge snaps into place.

10. Close the ink cartridge access door.

If the error message persists, continue to the next step.

Check the carriage for a printhead latch

Open the door to access to the ink cartridges, and then determine if the carriage inside the printer has a printhead latch.

Example of a carriage with a latch on the printhead

Ink cartridge carriage with printhead latch

• If your carriage has a printhead latch, continue to the next step.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.