cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
GeorgeHap
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

hp6970

HP Recommended
dell ispiron
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

finally got my hp6970 set up for wireless direct but now wont print USB direct.  I need to be able to switch back and forth between usb direct and wireless.  Primary used USB direct

1 REPLY 1
Jay_G24
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,092 10,066 709 802
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @GeorgeHap,

I'd like to help!

Is the printer connected wirelessly or via wifi direct?

Do you see two printer in the devices and printers tab?

Have you installed the full-featured drivers on your computer?

USB and wireless will work together, we just have to make sure to add the printer to your computer.

Wi-Fi Direct: The method you are using now. It connects the printer directly to your phone/computer. The drawback of this type of connection is that you will not be able to access the internet and print at the same time.

Wireless: In this method, the printer and the device are connected to a common network (router) so that you can access the internet and print at the same time.

Let me know!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation