Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 6055e All-in-One Printer
iOS

When printing a page on the net I cannot choose double sided printing. Wastes a lot of paper, but still same amount of HP ink used. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Spazm123 

Welcome to the HP User Community.

The printer supports duplex (2-sided) printing.

Product Specifications for the HP ENVY 6055e All-in-One Printer (223N1A)

and

Media Size (facet)Letter; A4; B5
Media Sizes Custom (imperial)Simplex:3 x 5 to 8.5 x11.7 in; Duplex:3 x 5.5 to 8.5 x 11.7 in
Media Sizes Custom (metric)Simplex: 76.2 x 127 to 216 x 297 mm; Duplex: 76.2 x 127 to 216 x 297 mm

If the browser you are using does not let you choose duplex / 2-sided printing,

If the size of the paper is supported for 2-sided printing,

Save the document > Open and Print the document using HP Smart Mobile

Partial Example - HP Smart - Mobile - Print Documents > Print icon

Print Preview > Slide up the gray bar (Print Options) > Select 2-sided printing

HP_Smart_Mobile_PDF_Print_Transform_8HP_Smart_Mobile_PDF_Print_Transform_8

Create a Shortcut for Duplex / 2-sided printing

HP Smart Shortcuts (formally Smart Tasks) for Windows and HP Smart Mobile

Where available, Shortcuts can be configured for several print tasks.

• Print: Send a print job to your printer
  • Share: Send an email message with attachments
  • Save: Save a file locally (on the computer) or save to a cloud storage account, such as Google Drive or Microsoft OneDrive

HP Printers - HP Smart: Use Shortcuts

AND

HP printers - Use HP Smart app Shortcuts

• Some printers support “printer panel display” shortcuts (shortcuts on the printer)
  • How-to and setup details are included in the document.

Example - HP Smart - Shortcuts - Duplex / 2-sided

HP_Smart_W10_Shortcuts_Print_Duplex_1HP_Smart_W10_Shortcuts_Print_Duplex_1

References / Resources

HP Smart (Mobile) - iOS and Android >>> Download, How-to, and FAQ

HP Printers - Using the HP Smart App (Android, Apple iOS)

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

Open

HP ENVY 6055e All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks Dragon Fur,

No problem printing double sided except when it info from a web page. Last was 7 pages long and wanted to save on paper. I see nothing like you posted. Think it’s because printing within  Safari.

very few options given to print.

other thoughts welcome

HP Recommended

Thank you. I might try it. However HP has never been “friendly” with Apple computers. Over 20 years ago I’d dumpster dive at Sandia Labs/Kirkland AFB because they’d get rid of HP printers and they’d always work. My last Envy died and it cost more to get a printer that feeds from the front. Nothing like making it easy.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@Spazm123 

You are welcome.

Sure - web printing is different - and Safari might not be providing access to all the printer features.

One thing I've noticed on new iPad is that (at least so far), the "printer" does not stay selected in Safari printing.

? I don't often print from Safari so either I've yet to set this up correctly or it is "normal" to have to select the printer.

After the printer is selected, the settings update and the menu changes to include whatever the printer supports.

Example - HP Smart - Mobile - iPadOS - Print Safari Web Page

HP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Safari_WebPage_1HP_Smart_Mobile_Print_Safari_WebPage_1

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Thanks for your help.

HP Recommended

I’ve found if you don’t select HPSmart for printing a web page at least the number of pages can be selected.

Funny how a brand of printer once so usable has developed so many quirks, at least for Apple users. 

Such is life.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.