Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
K209A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

having issue when PDF document with k209a inkjet.  Double horizontal shadow with large gap.  Cleaned Encoder strip and reinstalled driver, software, everything was done I could.

I understand there no issue found when print made with only one black ink head.  Only happens when print PDF document with color document option.  no issue found with Catridge Calibration Page.

Attached images.

Thanks,

scan0001_1.pngscan0001_2.pngscan0001_3.png

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

From the shown alignment sheet, I do see some print quality issues with the Red color which may cause such results, and as you said it does not occur with the black ink only, please correct me if I may misunderstand your description.

See the alignment page, the color quality issue is mostly visible in the lower red Attention mark, see my marks in red below:

ShlomiL_0-1599913173741.png

Please follow the steps in the document below to Clean the cartridges using an automated utility:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-deskjet-ink-advantage-all-in-one-printer-series-k209/3811342...

If the results are not fine follow the steps to complete the different cleaning steps until the process completes.

If that doesn't resolve the problem, I suggest trying a different Tri-Color Cartridge, if your ink cartridge is under the listed warranty date, you may go back to the place of purchase with the ink cartridge and its proof of purchase to send the cartridge for inspection by HP.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

Thanks for your support.  I tested extended report, and I found there has some issue with red color nozzle, which is a brand newly purchased 3-color cartridge from genuine parts store.

However, I am not sure the double horizontal PDF print has something to do with this problem.  I suspect there are some PDF-Printer communication issue.  As far as I can tell from any test pages from printer, all black texts has no issue.

See attached image for your reference.

scan20200913-1.jpg

HP Recommended

Hi,

Don't forget that with the black ink only your PDF prints correctly as you mention, which denies any cause by the PDF file or the communications part, you may verify that by removing the Tri-Color cartridge or by setting the driver to use Black Ink only for printing.

For Grayscale printing, the color cartridge is used for Grayscale and not the black ink only.

I would also suspect the issue began as soon as the Tri-Color cartridge was installed, am I right?

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.