cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
revityuser
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

laser jet printer won't print from usb

HP Recommended
Laser Jet Pro MFP M281cdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had issues with my printer printing from wifi. It worked fine for about a year then I started getting an error message and I couldn't fix it. I had looked up a few potential fixes but I kept getting an error. So, I gave up on that and started printing from USB. That worked for a month or so. 

Now, nothing works. If i start a print job from USB the printer will make a sound like it is starting the job and then it won't print. I can print a test page from the settings so I know it isn't a jam or something like that. The USB screen then changes to "print another document" like it does when a print is successful - no error message is ever shown. I have tried "resetting default settings" (ie reset). I've turned off and on. I've unplugged and plugged back in. Nothing works. Printer is only about a year old so it is pretty frustrating.

1 REPLY 1
KrazyToad
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,453 21,440 1,298 1,320
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@revityuser

Welcome to HP Support Community

I would like to help

Please ensure the printer has the latest Firmware https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/ish_1776648-1643972-16

Let me know if the issue persists we will attempt an NVRAM Reset

Thank you

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation