Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Envy Photo 7855
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I noted several posts with the same problem. Error message "remove and reinstall the indicated cartridge making sure it is correctly installed" I have done this repeatedly, changed the black cartridge, cleaned the contacts repeatedly, reset the machine repeatedly, I was able to print one page I think somewhere in the middle of all that. 

This printer is only 22 MONTHS OLD under light use AND NOW IT IS TRASH, THANKS VERY MUCH HP.

The one year warranty is over and for $20 they can give me other suggestions but no guarantee they will work. I don't need to give someone $20 to have them tell to do follow the same procedure again, or buy another new cartridge. Why throw good money after bad?

Any suggestions on where to buy a printer that is not a POS? Cannon? I believe we paid $250 for this junk. The support community forum here just has several people asking the same questions but not one answer that is visible. This HP employee Riddle_Decipher supposedly "solved" the issue but no such solution is shown. 

H.P. has some balls selling shoddy products that last about 10 months past the warranty and then charging their customers $20 to provide suggestions on how it could possibly be fixed. 

F- HP, their $250.00 printer did not last 2 years! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.