Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 7740 wide format
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

URGENT HELP!

I have bought an office jet pro 7740 wide format printer specifically to print directly onto C4 envelopes at about 300 per isssue of the magazines placed in each one of the C4 envelopes. The printer will print on A3 but not C4.

How can I get this problem overcome swiftly?

How can I get the C4 envelope setting into the printer?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that you figured out a workaround to resolve the issue. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Greetings @Wraith-Rover

Welcome to HP Forums, 

I understand that you need assistance in printing on envelopes, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Please click here for the specifications of your printer.

Go through the "Paper handling" specifications and make the envelope thickness is between " 16 to 28 lb Bond" or "60 to 105 g/m²"

If the envelope used by you falls within this range. 

Refer to this HP Article

Keep me posted. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have persisted with the problem and tried 2 workarounds. First I tried to use A3 paper and close the margins to the C4 settings. That worked in word but when I changed the paper for the envelopes I got the mismatched error again.

My next plan was to adapt one of the preset sizes in the printer settings. The closest one to my needs was the 8.5 by 13inches which converted to close to my C4 measurements of 229 x 324mm.

As long as I set the margins in from the edges we were able to enjoy success!

The down side is that these 300 magazines which should have gone out today but will now have to go out tomorrow.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear that you figured out a workaround to resolve the issue. 

Please do post your technical queries on our Forums for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.