cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Deborah88
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

my 8030 won't print. Says I need to sign up for instant ink -- why?

HP Recommended
officejet pro 8030
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My printer is connected to wireless...solid blue light but it won't print.  Error message says "can't print until printer is enrolled in instant ink.  Is this really necessary.   Thanks, Deborah888

1 REPLY 1
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
22,843 22,811 1,648 1,961
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Deborah88, Welcome to the HP Support Community! I’m here to help.

Enrolling the printer in Instant Ink is optional and not mandatory. You may skip this. Check for the options on the printer screen or open the HP Smart app and check for the options available.

Restart the printer and check if the error persists. Are you using regular HP ink cartridges or the Instant Ink cartridges?

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

Was this reply helpful? Yes No
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation