cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
VialDesigns
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

my printer is printing black squares behind some images

HP Recommended
HP Envy Printer
macOS 10.15 Catalina

My printer always prints black squares behind images. Please help! this is so annoying and a waste of ink!

3 REPLIES 3
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,039 20,041 1,451 1,684
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VialDesigns, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

• What model HP Envy Printer are you using?
  • Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?

For now, let us try these steps:

Update the printer firmware

Click here to know different methods of updating printer firmware.

Also, check for any software updates on MAC

Click the Apple icon > About This Mac > Software Update and install any available update.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
VialDesigns
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

still not working!!! I've tried everything and followed every single step!

0 Kudos
Kumar0307
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
20,039 20,041 1,451 1,684
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@VialDesigns

To assist you better, I need more information:

• Which application are you trying to print from?
  • Have you tried printing different types of documents like PDF, Word, or Webpages and check if the issue persists?
  • Try making a standalone copy and check if that works. By this, we can conclude if this is a hardware or a driver issue.

• Do you have any other device that is connected to the printer to print from?

For now, perform steps 10 and 8 respectively mentioned in this document - Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues

Let me know how this goes.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation