Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 8600 Premium e-All-in-One Printer series - N911
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Printer is out of warranty, this printer was working great till about 2 months ago.

I noticed the quality was getting bad, black & colors bot havelines or dots missing.

The in was not Real HP brand they were replacements.

I ran the clean printhead then the align printhead.

Still had issues.

I've reset the printer

I change all inks now using HP brand ink.

I ran the clean printhead then the align printhead.

Still had issues.

Here is the test pattern now

print.diagnostic.01082018.jpg

What can I do to restore the print quality at this point?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @PeterinUSA ,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts, I do see that you've already performed most of the troubleshooting steps, Kudos to you for that. 🙂

This look's like a hardware failure with the printer, and As I said earlier, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/ Enter Product number or select to auto detect.Scroll down to "Still need help?

Complete the form to select your contact options". Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @PeterinUSA ,

Thank you for posting on HP Forums,

The Barachiel is at your service.

I understand you are in need of support,

I'll be glad to help you out, however, for an accurate solution I will need more details:

Have you attempted any steps on your own before posting on the HP Forums?

When was the last time it worked without these issues? 

In the meantime, please try the steps mentioned on this link: Click here

Let me know how that pans out

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 😉

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

As I posted I trued all t he steps that I posted, was no help

I only use New Paper, not recycyled

I've done all of these steps included 

Align the printhead

cleaning the print heads

Reset the printer

Replaced all ink to HP INK

Reset printer

cleaning the print head

aligning the print heads

NOTE i've only printed 6330 pages in 4.5 years

Then only thing I have not tried is Replace the printhead, Which cost more than $120

Service is not an option as HP does not offer than when your out of waranty.

Also curious why HP does not poffer Extended waranties to customers before their waranty runs out?

I Guess if that my only option left is to spend at least $120 to replace print heads, it time to trash this printer & buy new, Brand New printer is only $199 with full ink.

HP Recommended

Hi @PeterinUSA ,

Thank you for responding,

It's great to have you back 😉

If that's the case, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: Open link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/ Enter Product number or select to auto detect.Scroll down to "Still need help?

Complete the form to select your contact options". Scroll down and click on HP contact options - click on Get a Case & phone number.

They will be happy to assist you immediately. If the unit is under warranty repair services under the manufacturer's warranty will be free of charge.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

The Printer is over 4.5 years old. no waranty any longer

This is first time I've had a printer fail like this.  Usually HP works flawlessly

HP Recommended

Hi @PeterinUSA ,

Thank you for replying with this detailed response 😉 

I appreciate your time and efforts, I do see that you've already performed most of the troubleshooting steps, Kudos to you for that. 🙂

This look's like a hardware failure with the printer, and As I said earlier, I'd request you to contact HP's phone support team for further assistance.

Best regards,

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.