cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
Missinasworld
Level 2
8 7 0 5
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

officejet pro 8710 says it is printing or coping doesnt do anything

HP Recommended
Officejet pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I have tried printing from my desktop with windows 7, my laptop with windows 10, and my android phone and it says it is printing on the computer And on the printer, but nothing comes out. I have tried making copies from the printer itself and the same thing. The top of the LCD screen goes green and says print or copy in progress and nothing happens. I even left it like that over night to see if it would work itself out, but no. I can tell it to print a print head alignment and that works fine. I have been using this printer for almost 3 years without issue until 2 weeks ago. I have tried a hard power reset, doing a manufacture reset, updating it, and nothing. I even tried removing and reinserting the ink cartridges. 

I really love this printer but it seems to be a theme that every 2 to 3 years something happens to my HP printers and they have to be replaced..kind of getting old so if I cannot fix this one I will be trying another brand next time. 

Thank you for any and all help 🙂

1 REPLY 1
Missinasworld
Author
Level 2
8 7 0 5
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Well after much tinkering and restarting and doing a ton of on line searching I fixed my own problem. for what ever reason the printer decided it did not like the ink cartridges any more. in a last ditch effort i replaced them and now it works. they still had plenty of ink in them. the printer never gave me any errors to indicate the ink was the issue. not really impressed here. i am happy its working now and that i did not give up on my printer. but no idea why it would decide not to work any more..i had auto updates turned off. 

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation