Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am unable to print using wi-fi connection.

printer is p1102w.

os is MAC OS 10.10 Yosemite

Whenever i try to print something i recieve "Printer is not connected / Unable to locate printer" message.

I have tried solutions from your support site, but nothing helped.

Printer is for sure connected to same network as the computer. I see it on printed configuration page and i can connect to it by its IP via web browser (But I can not use web servises).

All software and drivers are up to date. Apple update does not have anything newer for me. Niether have your site.

I tried to move printer closer and further from router. No result.

No web-proxy is associated with my network.

To make it work i have to remove printer from my system, reinstall it using USB cable, and then re-add it via wi-fi.

But in some time the problem reappears.

That is really frustrating. Please help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @xopot ,

I see that you are experiencing issues printing over the wireless network. I would like to help you out today.

Since you can access the printer's Embebbed Web Server, the printer would have a valid IP address. Most likely it has something to do with the software the printer is using.

Repair the Disk Permissions on the Mac:

Close all applications.

On the Apple menu bar, click Go, click Applications and then click Utilities.

Double-click Disk Utility.

Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left.

Click Verify and then Repair Disk Permissions.

Restart the computer..

Reset the Printing System:

Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Click the Apple icon and then click System Preferences.

Click Printers & Scanners.

Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset printing system.

Click OK to confirm the reset.

Type the correct Name and Password.

Click OK to reset the printing system.

Then click the + sign to add the driver, highlight the printer. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name) Then click on the Add button.

check driver name.jpg

check driver name 2.jpg

Setup a Static IP address for the printer.

The Printer is Not Found During Wireless Installation.

Disregard the title. Select Solution four: Assign your printer a static IP address.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @xopot ,

I see that you are experiencing issues printing over the wireless network. I would like to help you out today.

Since you can access the printer's Embebbed Web Server, the printer would have a valid IP address. Most likely it has something to do with the software the printer is using.

Repair the Disk Permissions on the Mac:

Close all applications.

On the Apple menu bar, click Go, click Applications and then click Utilities.

Double-click Disk Utility.

Highlight your hard drive/partition on the left.

Click Verify and then Repair Disk Permissions.

Restart the computer..

Reset the Printing System:

Note: This will remove all printers in the print and Fax/Scan, any printer removed can be re-added later by clicking the plus (+) symbol.

Click the Apple icon and then click System Preferences.

Click Printers & Scanners.

Right-click (or Ctrl +click) in the left white side panel, then click Reset printing system.

Click OK to confirm the reset.

Type the correct Name and Password.

Click OK to reset the printing system.

Then click the + sign to add the driver, highlight the printer. (you might have to click the drop down to select the printer's name) Then click on the Add button.

check driver name.jpg

check driver name 2.jpg

Setup a Static IP address for the printer.

The Printer is Not Found During Wireless Installation.

Disregard the title. Select Solution four: Assign your printer a static IP address.

If you need further assistance, just let me know.

Have a great day!
Thank You.

Gemini02

I work on behalf of HP

Click the Thumbs Up below to say “Thanks” for helping!
HP Recommended

Dear Sirs,

I did what you teach me and now the printer is not responding.

So, what the next step to do?

Thanks!

Silvia

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.