Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
08-24-2018 10:16 PM
The test pages print crystal clear. I have already printed without the black cartridge to force true black. The ink is new, both the tricolor and black. My photos print foggy, not crisp. I have "best" quality and "phpoto paper" as my paper. Is there something I am missing?
Solved! Go to Solution.
08-25-2018 10:00 PM - edited 08-25-2018 10:02 PM
Good Day. Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums. I will be glad to assist you and let’s get right to it Great deductions and terrific diagnosis of the issue. It is amply appreciated.
Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:
- Did this happen after a recent software or Windows update?
- Did you make photocopies of images in black directly from the printer on this type of photo paper and check again?
- Did you run all the latest Windows 10 updates and check again?
- Did you update the printer’s firmware?
- Is this a recent occurrence?
- Did you change ink cartridges and check again?
- Did you try a different brand of photo paper and check again?
- Did you check the ink cartridge levels?
- Did you run Hp print and scan doctor?
Furnish all the requested information for me to assist you correctly.
Meanwhile, I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:
- Perform a hard reset on the printer from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5305049/model/539... perform steps from the section “Step 1: Reset the printer
- Then run HP print and scan doctor from here http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02073861 and check if the issue gets fixed. (check the ink levels of the cartridges)
- Reinsert all ink cartridges, including the black one.
- Then update the printer’s firmware by following instructions from this link: https://support.hp.com/bg-en/document/c02919168
- Use a USB cable to update the printer’s firmware.
Make 2 photocopies in black on the same photo paper directly from the printer without any communication from the computer.
If it copies correctly in black, then uninstall and reinstall the printer drivers at the root level by following these step by step instructions:
- Uninstall the printer from "programs and features" which can be accessed by doing a right-click on the Windows button (Please have the printer Off and disconnected during uninstallation.)
- Check in device manager, if the printer is listed there, please delete it. (Right click on the Windows button to access device manager)
- Go to devices and printers, in the control panel and select any printer listed there and you will get some options on the top.
- Click on print server properties.
- You will get a popup, click on the drivers tab and delete all the HP printer drivers listed there if any.
- Delete all the instances of your printer listed in devices and printers.
- Restart the PC.
- Once the PC is on the desktop, press Win + R, it would bring a Run dialog box,
- Type %temp% in the run box and click Ok or hit the Enter button.
- It would bring up the temporary files folder. Delete the files in the folder (You might not be able to delete all the files).
- If possible, delete the printer from the registries using Regedit or using any other 3rd party application.
- Ignore the Regedit option if it cannot be done.
- Restart the PC again.
Then download the latest full feature driver from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-officejet-4630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/53050... and install it on the computer after selecting the correct operating system.
Connect the printer to your computer only when the setup prompts for the printer.
This should fix the issue.
Other things to try if the issue continues:
- Run all the latest Windows 10 updates on your computer and ensure that they are correctly installed and the most current ones are installed.
- Please download the Windows Built-in drivers by following instructions from this link: http://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c01796879
- There is an associated YouTube video on how to do it. Follow instructions from steps 1, 2 and 3.
- Try printing on a different brand of photo paper that is compatible and supported by this printer.
- Also, follow directions from this link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-officejet-4630-e-all-in-one-printer-series/5305049/model/539... (HP Printers - How to Print Photos (Windows) and check if it helps to resolve the issue.
Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂
I am an HP Employee
08-27-2018 04:33 PM
I reviewed the post and thanks for the update. Your immense patience and great commitment to get to the bottom of things are really appreciated. I am glad that the issue is resolved. This is music to my ears.
It has been an absolute honor to share this platform with you and great to work with you. Now trust me I've done all I can to assist you here by keeping your best interest in mind.
If this helps, to simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles.
Take care and have a blessed year ahead. Stay healthy and smile big 🙂
I am an HP Employee
08-28-2018 01:53 AM
While your solution is very detailed, I feel that a lot of ppl would not be able to follow it as it is too complicated. I think it would cover any possible thing that possibly could go wrong. Great job but I Can’t accept it as a solution. Thank you for your time and knowledge.
08-28-2018 11:31 PM