Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Vista

6510 won't print black. I followed all of the steps given to others by the lady representing HP on the help forum but to no avail. Prior to finding the forum I figured that the black cartridge just went empty haveway through a 7 page printout of a document ( though it happened FAST - within 1/3 of a page) so I installed a brand new cartridge. No change so at that point I found the forum. I did check and my warranty has expired about a year ago. I am in the US. What can I do, I need this printer? thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

On January 6 I received a mesage from an HP employee telling me I would be contacted but still no email from them. What's up, I need my printer

UPDATE: Was contacted by a HP associate and was very satisfied with the solution provided by HP. Always loved this printer and I've owned many other brands that I was either indifferent or not happy with. Glad this was resolved, thanks Yvonne and HP for your attention. Walt

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@unclewally

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post ( serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

I worked for HP.
HP Recommended

K

HP Recommended

On January 6 I received a mesage from an HP employee telling me I would be contacted but still no email from them. What's up, I need my printer

UPDATE: Was contacted by a HP associate and was very satisfied with the solution provided by HP. Always loved this printer and I've owned many other brands that I was either indifferent or not happy with. Glad this was resolved, thanks Yvonne and HP for your attention. Walt

HP Recommended

Hello unclewally,

I had to buy a new printer as I couldn't afford to be without.  But, I'm going to keep watching to see if when the planets are aligned right, a real solution is revealed.  It's such a waste of resources and environmentally irresponsible.  It's also a good way to lose customers.  I bought an Epson.

Best of luck,

seekingwisdom

HP Recommended

Hello. 

I have the same prob as all the rest.  I have had this printer for 3 years, never a glitch, all of a sudden the **bleep** thing doesn't print black.  What gives?  I tried all the solutions posted on this forum.  I replaced black cart with fresh cart.  Always use HP products. 

Running on Mac OS X (10.6.8)

USA

HP Photosmart 6510

Thank you for your help!

HP Recommended

I am having the same problem as so many others are having with the black ink not printing and I was hoping you could help me too.

HP Recommended

Please help.

HP Recommended

Mine won't print black either. But, I'm so happy, I threw the printer in the garbage

and am buying a Brother

HP Recommended

HP has gone straight down hill. That's why the broke apart. Don't buy anything from them,  they are 

all jerks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.