cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
tafor3
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

photosmart premium all in one...cartridge stuck all way on right side with no visible paper jam.

HP Recommended
photosmart premium all in one

ink  cartridge carrier stuck all way on right side. there is no visibl paper jam. tries to move but will not. sometimes says paper jam , some times say cartridge jam.  iv tried to gently move by hand but dont want to force it untill i know more.

1 REPLY 1
Dvortex
Retired
Retired
9,855 9,843 924 1,614
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello, @tafor3 – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to the HP Forums! I would glad to be of your assistance 🙂

I understand that you are getting a “carriage jam” message on your Photosmart printer. Appreciate all your efforts. I will certainly do my best to help you with the issue!

I would first like you to clean the paper path inside the printer. Unplug the printer from the wall socket, use a lint free cloth and try and wipe clean the carriage path / paper path thoroughly inside the printer. There might be very small debris or dust particles which might be causing slight issues for the free carriage movement. Cleaning the carriage path will help us fix the issue. Also, try and move the carriage manually using little force.

You can check the detailed steps here: http://hp.care/2uNJIid 

Once done, I need you to perform a power drain to clear the error message on the printer. Here are the steps:

• Remove the cartridges from the printer.
  • With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Those steps should do the trick, let me know the outcome!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation