Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

I have a new OfficeJet Pro 6968. It has a touch screen setting for print apps that I update each time it asks me. Then I try to print from one of the built-in apps, like the "Quick Forms" collection. For example, the 3-column checklist. Once it displays, I touch the "Print" button and nothing happens -- no print job gets queued, nothing. None of the Quick Forms print. If I pull down the gray tool menu, I see a message "Print Apps not scheduled". I can find nothing that documents this message. So why don't I see any prints? The printer prints jobs sent to it from my Windows 10 PC just fine. The printer is connected to my home wireless network.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Al_Chubbs

You are welcome. 🙂 I'm glad you figured it out. 

I did try to search for a proper documentation regarding the HP quick forms but I could not find it either. However, I could gather some information as follows:

Some of the great features are:

• Calendar: Print a weekly or monthly calendar right from your desk.
  • Simple Games for bored children like tic tac toe and mazes
  • Notebook paper (As a mother with a child learning her letters, I love that I have child rule available as an option!)
  • Checklists- For those items that have to be completed by the end of the business day.
  • Fax covers
  • QuickForms is a feature that allows the printer to have some functionality without the use of a computer.
  • Check out this video too please: http://hp.care/2iweEhd

Feel free to let me know if you have nay more questions. Take care! 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Al_Chubbs

Happy New Year to you! Let me take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. 

I read that you have an HP OfficeJet Pro 6968 All-in-One Printer and the printer does not print from the built-in app Quick Forms. The printer displays a message as Print Apps not scheduled. The printer, however, prints fine on the wireless network from the PC. Fabulous analysis. Spectacular diagnosis of the issue before posting. Kudos to you for that.

I did some research and found that HP Printables and the HP Printables mobile app retired on October 31, 2016. All scheduled HP Printables stopped printing when they retired. When printables were retired, the icon for the printable was automatically removed from your printer control panel and HP Connected. Please visit the HP Printables and HP Printables Mobile App Retirement for more information.

Let me know if you have any questions. Cheers! 🙂

HP Recommended

Kazi --

Many thanks for the kind reply. I did learn what my problem was. I was confusing the scheduled apps function with the ability to print from the built-in quick forms. They are separate functions. My apologies for not knowing that ahead of time.

I did learn how to get the quick forms to print. I had to touch the screen on either side of the displayed form, to bring up a choice strip to choose how many copies. Once I did that, the form queued up and printed. I tried it on all the forms, and they all work.

Now here's an interesting question. WHere is this quick-form feature documented? I hunted all through the on-line user's manual for the 6968 and they only mention the print apps once, with no details about the quick forms.

Best regards and Happy New Year,

Al Chubbs

North Las Vegas, Nevada

HP Recommended

@Al_Chubbs

You are welcome. 🙂 I'm glad you figured it out. 

I did try to search for a proper documentation regarding the HP quick forms but I could not find it either. However, I could gather some information as follows:

Some of the great features are:

• Calendar: Print a weekly or monthly calendar right from your desk.
  • Simple Games for bored children like tic tac toe and mazes
  • Notebook paper (As a mother with a child learning her letters, I love that I have child rule available as an option!)
  • Checklists- For those items that have to be completed by the end of the business day.
  • Fax covers
  • QuickForms is a feature that allows the printer to have some functionality without the use of a computer.
  • Check out this video too please: http://hp.care/2iweEhd

Feel free to let me know if you have nay more questions. Take care! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.