cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

printer is in pause how to unpause it

HP Recommended
macOS 10.14 Mojave

my printer keeps pauseing how to stop it so i print again  thank you  [edit]

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
18,554 18,531 1,155 1,165
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@mikedicurc

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

Please ensure your Mac has all the latest updates. You can refer to this Link: https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201541

Also ensure your printer has the latest Firmware. Please refer to this Link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c02919168

Then Remove and Re-Add the printer back to the Mac printing Queue using Airprint

1. Click the Apple menu, click System Preferences, and then click Print & Scan or Printers & Scanners.

Figure : Example of the Printers & Scanners window

Example of the Printers & Scanners window
  2. Check if your printer name displays in the Printers list, and then do one of the following steps.

• If your printer is listed, remove and re-add the printer to confirm it is set up for AirPrint. Click the printer name, click the minus sign to delete the printer, click the plus sign , click Add Printer or Scanner, click the printer name and then continue to the next step.

• If your printer is not listed, click the plus sign, click Add Printer or Scanner, click the name of your printer, and then continue to the next step.

3. Confirm AirPrint or Secure AirPrint displays in the Use or Print Using menu, and then click Add.

Figure : AirPrint displays in the Use menu

Select AirPrint from the Use menu
  4. Try printing and let me know how it goes

Thank you and have a great day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation