Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp envy pro 6452
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am not computer savvy and need help!  this is my 3rd email for assistance. I dont even know if this is the correct way to go through for hp help. 

First email was  11/23 plus received confirmation emails but no resolutions . 

11/23  i received cartridges both black and color and an error indicated that the color cartridge is not a genuine hp cartridge and i couldn't get the printer to work. this has been several weeks ago, due to becoming so frustrated with this issue i had to walk away from the problem. I no longer have the error message 

Problem Description: i received cartridges both black and color.  An error indicated that the color cartridge is not a genuine hp cartridge and i couldn't get the printer to work. this has been several weeks ago, due to becoming so frustrated with this issue i had to walk away from the problem. I no longer have the error code or the printer information sheet. This is the second HP printer i have had problems with! i have tried twice to take out and re insert the cartridge, plus i've turned the printer off and back on, plus unplugged it. i would prefer someone to call me to resolve this or confirm that a new color cartridge will be mailed to me. . At this time there is only the black cartridge in the printer. i need a color cartridge send at no cost to me to get the printer working correctly . my name is dawn m, Account # is[personal info removed]

11/30/20   I've installed the hp doctor and done all updates.  This is the 2nd time i've emailed.  I would like to get this resolved.  This is the 2nd hp printer i've had problems with that  i've purchased.  i received cartridges both black and color. 

An error indicated that the color cartridge is not a genuine hp cartrige and i couldn't get the printer to work. this has been several weeks ago, due to becoming so frusturated with this issue i had to walk away from the problem. I no longer have the error code or the printer information sheet. This is the second HP printer i have had problems with! i have tried twice to take out and re insert the cartridge, plus i've turned the printer off and back on, plus unplugged it. i would prefer someone to call me to resolve this or confirm that a new color cartridge will be mailed to me. . At this time there is only the black cartridge in the printer. i need a color cartridge send at no cost to me to get the printer working correctly . my name is dawn madigan, Account # is:[personal info removed]

Sent 12/2   i've submitted two  emails and have 2 case number however no one has contacted me yet.  i need someone to assist me without being charged from the Instant Ink support. Pls see as follows

I've installed the hp doctor and done all updates.  This is the 2nd time i've emailed.  I would like to get this resolved.  This is the 2nd time i've had problems with an hp printer i've purchased.  i received cartridges both black and color and an error indicated that the color cartridge is not a genuine hp cartrige and i couldn't get the printer to work. this has been several weeks ago, due to becoming so frusturated with this issue i had to walk away from the problem. I no longer have the error code or the printer information sheet. This is the second HP printer i have had problems with! i have tried twice to take out and re insert the cartridge, plus i've turned the printer off and back on, plus unplugged it. i would prefer someone to call me to resolve this or confirm that a new color cartridge will be mailed to me . At this time there is only the black cartridge in the printer. i need a color cartridge send at no cost to me to get the printer working

Now it says that i'm off line and i don't know how to fix this. 

This is the Error message plus it says the printer is offline. 

Either a cartridge is not installed or there is an issue with the installed cartridge. Replace or clean the cartridge to resolve the issue—you will not receive ink shipments until the error is resolved. Learn more about cleaning cartridges at support.hp.com. Visit the Help Center or contact HP Support for unresolved issues. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dmfox, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I understand your concern. To assist you better, I would need some information related to your Instant Ink Subscription. This information cannot be shared on a public post.

I have sent you a private message, reply to the message with your details.

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.