cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Fix HP Printer issue in macOS

A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing - Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Note for common printer problems
Customers receiving the"will damage your computer" message along with others like "unable to access cups/tmp" or "'@%' cannot be opened" need to update their version of the macOS. Please check this article for more information: HP Printers - A [software component] will damage your computer message displays when printing or while installing (macOS) .
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

printer just out of warranty but part is smoking inside

HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 7612 Wide Format

HI, I have a  HP OfficeJet 7612 Wide Format e-All-in-One printer. The printers warranty expired in may this year.

The printer is only used once or twice a month, but lately it hasnt been printing, just complaining about different erros. I listed the lid to re-seat the ink cartriges to find smoke coming from under what looks to be the print head.

This is just annaceptable on a product that cost as uch as it did, one that is very rarely used.

What can be done about repairs to this product? This was genuinly a fire hazzard in my house before it was unplugged.

Thanks

Chris

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Retired
Retired
8,250 7,081 142 476
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@chinds246

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Forum's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.

I work on behalf of HP
Highlighted
Level 16
Level 16
28,391 28,141 2,495 9,235
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@chinds246

I have asked that someone take a look -- should there be a response, you will hear back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

Highlighted
2 1 0 0
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hp,

I have recently come across the same problem today.  The printer kept erroring about the printer head and then I opened the lid and the head moved and it was smoking from where it normally sits.  The more it worked the more it smoked.

I'm not impressed just like chinds246.  I spent good money on this printer expecting to get a long life out of it.  Now there is a smoking issue!  This product is unsafe to have in my home!

I'm passed my warranty time as well but I do believe that this is not acceptable. 

Bootie01
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation