Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8710
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

OfficeJet Pro 8710; networked; prints documents, files, photos, etc. but won't print device reports

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @,AngryBobby

I'd like to help!

To better assist you - 

1. What l kind of report are you trying to print?
  2. What is the error you receive when you try and print?
  3. Are you able to make copies using the printer?

Let me know!

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

Thank you for replying to my request.

I solved my issue by following the steps listed below from a solution generated by Flower_Bud on 03-09-2018:

Hard Reset: 

• With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  • Remove USB cable, if present.
  • Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.
  • Now plug back the power cable straight (This is important) and then plug back the power cord to the printer.to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord
  • Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

I felt that this process would be unlikely to resolve the issue but it worked.

HP Recommended

That's great! Happy to hear that. If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great day ahead!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.