Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 8710

Hello

I have an HP OfficeJet Pro 8710 printer that worked great up until yesterday.

I have tried doing a copy on the device itself

I have tried sending a job from 2 different laptops both running windows 10

I have tried sending jobs from 2 different android devices one on OS10 the other OS11, one the android devices I get a message saying "Blocked" and wont print. I get no messages on the laptops and on the printer at just says "copying" and goes in circles. all 3 ways of trying to print the printer reacts like it wants to print withe the screen on the printer showing that. But it never tries to pick up paper out of the tray at all.

If I do a print head alignment or clean head proceedure from the printer setting menu, the HP Smart app on my phone or tools on my laptops it has no problem picking up paper and succeeding and completeing those tests. but will not print anything else any other way I can think of. I have checked everythng I can see for possible blockages, I have made sure all software and firmware is up to date and I also di a full factory reset. It has no problem connecting to my wifi. and reporting back to my devices any and all informatio or scans.. just wont print otherwise. help please

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Sagebrush2054

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Try the steps from here: https://support.hp.com/in-en/product/hp-officejet-pro-8710-all-in-one-printer-series/7902014/documen...

Let me know if this helps.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

thanks for trying to help but unfortunatly, i had already tried most of those stepsand they didnt work. while waiting for a response I tried a few other things and found one that seemed to fix the issue. this all started shortly after installing new ink cartridges, so i took them out and put them back and still nothing. then i was frustrated enough that I bought another set and put them in, all official HP cartridges from staples. after installing the second set the printer started working again, put the other ones in and nothing. the strangest/dummest part is at no time did the printer indicate any issues with the cartridges and all the on board tests and cleanings worked perfectly fine not missing any colors and passing their tests, i just wouldnt copy from the scanner or print from computer. I dont think ill buy another HP printer, too frustrating and they are all I have bought and recommended for decades 

HP Recommended

@Sagebrush2054

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.