Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
deskjet 1000 j110aExample: Pavilion 6530
Chrome OS

deskjet j1000 j110a  connected  and power on but wont send job to the printer. deleted and reselected in chromebook settings. used 2 different sets of power and book to printer cables but wont send the job. green light fades in and out but nothing prints.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@pamw22

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that the power button is blinking while printing, I am glad to assist you.

Are you getting any error messages while printing?

Meanwhile:- 

Perform a power reset, to recover from printer errors or failures.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet and printer without any surge protector.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Make sure that the carriage moves freely

1. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

2. Open the cartridge access door. The carriage moves to the center of the product. Wait until the carriage is idle and silent before continuing.

Figure : Open the cartridge access door

Graphic: Open the cartridge access door
  3. Without turning off the product, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

WARNING: 

You must unplug the power cord to allow you to move the carriage by hand and to reset the paper feed mechanism without the risk of an electrical shock.

4. Look inside the product to see where the carriage is stuck, and then check for any torn paper or other objects that might be restricting the carriage. You might need a flashlight to illuminate areas for proper viewing.

CAUTION: 

If the paper tears when you remove it from the rollers, check the rollers and wheels for torn pieces of paper that might remain inside the product. If pieces of paper remain in the product, more paper jams can occur.

5. Remove any loose paper or obstructions found.

6. Reach inside the product through the cartridge door, and then manually move the carriage.

7. Make sure that the carriage can move freely across the width of the product. Firmly push the carriage to the left side of the product, and then to the right side.

8. Close the cartridge access door.

Figure : Close the cartridge access door

Graphic: Close the cartridge access door
  9. Plug the power cord into the wall outlet or power strip.

10. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

11. Try to print a self-test report.

Follow the steps mentioned  under "Power light blinks rapidly" in this HP document for further assistance:- Click here

Let me know how it goes.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.