Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

i am trying to print quite a few black and white photos ,and some color,however this is about the b/w, on HP Premium plus photo paper glossy.

when setting up to print the b/w photos i can't use the black and white option only instead of the color option.

since most are b/w i figured that setting would work best, but it won't let choose that option, it tells me a have a conflict (yellow triangle with a quotation mark in it). so my tricolor ink is being used a lot more than the b/w. is that just the way i am going to have to printthese b/w photos?

any suggestions from the group.

tia

keeper53

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @keeper53, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

Don't worry I'd like to help you out. Please answer a few questions below to assist you better.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Does the issue persist when you make a copy from your printer?

Have you tried printing using a different application?

Have you tried checking with a different ink cartridge?

Let's continue with the troubleshooting steps now.

1. In your software application, click Print.

2. Select your printer from the list of available printers.

3. Click the option that opens the Printer Properties dialog box.

Depending on your software application, this button might be called Properties, Options, Printer Setup, Printer Properties, Printer, or Preferences.

4. On the properties window, click the Paper/Quality or Features tab, depending on your software.

• To print using only the black ink cartridge, change one of the following settings depending on what displays.

• Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then select Black Ink Only.

• Click the Black & White button.

NOTE: 

To use even less black ink at a lower quality, select the Draft quality setting when available.

• To print high quality black & white documents or photos, change one of the following settings depending on what displays.

• Click Advanced, click Print in Grayscale, and then select Print in Grayscale or High Quality Grayscale.

• Click Print in Grayscale, and then select High Quality Grayscale.

NOTE: 

The printer uses a mix of black and color inks to produce a high quality black printout.

5. Click OK, and then click Print to start the print job.

Also, Uninstall the printer software from root level from your PC and install the full feature printer software.

In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.

Select your HP printer.

Select Uninstall.

In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.

In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”

Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.

Type printui.exe /s and click OK.

Click on Drivers tab.

Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click remove at the bottom.

Select OK.

Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.

Close Devices and Printers.

Update the full feature printer software using this link. Click Here

Refer this article to further troubleshoot the print quality issue with your printer. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

I hope you have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.