Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp officejet 3830
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello folks. I am experiencing a problem with my printer. It will not print online things in color, only black/white. I have pushed any updates through, turned it off/back on, and replaced the color cartridge. I have been checking for articles and settings on how to fix this, but nothing. Does anyone have any ideas, please? I had to go elsewhere to print one page from my email in color. It does copy in color, strangely enough. Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, 

Kindly try the below steps that should resolve the issue..
If printer is connected using Wireless perform the below steps.
goto Control Panel > Devices and Printer > Add a Printer.
in the window displayed, select "Add a printer using TCP/IP address or hostname" and then click NEXT
Select "Create a new port - "Standard TCP/IP port" and then click NEXT
Now type in the printer's IP address under "Hostname or IP address" box, then click on the NEXT button. "Detecting TCP/IP" would start.
After which click the NEXT button and then in the next window under "Manufacturer" select HP, and then from right pane, select " HP Office Jet  3830" and click NEXT.
And then follow the on screen instructions to complete the process.
Now open the document you want to print, under PRINT drop-down select the printer that was installed using the above steps. And now click the PRINT button to start to print

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

Hello Jabzi, I appreciate your help and prompt reply!! I am trying out your idea now {my laptop is an hp too} but my laptop is asking for a wps pin. It isn't asking for a tcp/ip address or hostname. So, now what do I do? Thank you again. Erica

HP Recommended

Hello, 

I would recommend you try the steps as mentioned in the below URL.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06006790 

Regards,
Jabzi

Give Kudos to say "thanks" by clicking on the "thumps Up icon" .

Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem, so others can find it.
Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
HP Recommended

will only print in monochrome. I get a message that color mode was changed from COLOR because of conflict with another printer setting.

HP Recommended

Hello Jabzi, this is Erica. I have just read and tried out your idea, I was able to do so with tcp/id, successfully. But only the test page prints out in color. I just tried to print an email, and that only printed in black/white. Do I need to replace the printer?? Much thanks for all of your help--I didn't realize that you had sent a reply, but my email told me ;-}. Stay safe, Erica

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.