Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet Pro 7740 Wide Format All-in-One Printer
macOS 11.0 Big Sur

Many (but not all) of my print jobs are printing off the bottom edge of the page. It's as if the printer thinks the top of the page is a couple of inches below where the top actually is. So the print job goes off the bottom of the page.

I think it might have something to do with a paper jam that we cleared yesterday. We were using label paper and there was a jam, and after we cleared it, the problem started. It's possible we didn't clear it correctly (we tugged out of the front of the printer, instead of going through the back, which would have been much better).

Help would be very much appreciated! Thank you in advance!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@LauraS2023 

Welcome to the HP support community.

I understand that you are getting print alignment issues, I am glad to assist you. 

Align the printhead

• On the printer control panel, swipe down to open the Dashboard, and then touch the Setup icon .
  • Swipe up on the display, and then touch Printer Maintenance.
  • Touch Align Printhead, and then touch Continue.

Keep me posted.

If this helps, please mark the public post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.