Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
hp deskjet 2710
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I'm trying to print out JPEG files directly from my folders on Windows but for some reason the printed picture comes out uneven on 3 sides of the page on either portrait or landscape modes and nothing the printer properties sections seems to fix the issue. How can I make it so my pictures print directly in the center of the page?

Uneven marginsUneven margins

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Angel2953 

OK..

Printer does not support borderless.

Printer requires a larger margin on the bottom edge.

Print Margin Bottom (A4)12.7 mm
Print Margin Left (A4)3 mm
Print Margin Right (A4)3 mm
Print Margin Top (A4)3 mm

Printing directly from the Print folder, that is using Cntrl-P to print a file, uses the default settings for the print job.

This can get you into trouble when the "default" setup does not match what you need to properly format and print the content.

Generally you will get better results

When available >> Having installed the Full Feature Software / full driver software for the printer

Installing the full driver provides access to all the printer shortcuts / features.

and

Opening the file in an appropriate software program / application to view, set up, and submit the job to the printer.

The extent that you must guide / modify the setup depends on which software you are using to view and submit the job.

Example - HP Smart - Windows - Simple Print - A4

HP_Smart_W10_Print_Photo_A4_All_1HP_Smart_W10_Print_Photo_A4_All_1

HP Printer Home Page - References and Resources – Learn about your Printer  - Solve Problems

“Things that are your printer”

NOTE:  Content depends on device type and Operating System

Categories:  Alerts, Access to the Print and Scan Doctor (Windows), Warranty Check, HP Drivers / Software / Firmware Updates, How-to Videos, Bulletins/Notices, Lots of How-to Documents, Troubleshooting, Manuals > User Guides, Product Information (Specifications), more

When the website support page opens, Select (as available) a Category > Topic > Subtopic

HP DeskJet 2710 All-in-One Printer 

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

Hi, I followed the guide and tried to update my Deskjet 2710 but it is already up-to-date so I tried to print a JPEG using the options highlighted in the picture. My properties section has no toggle for borderless printing and the picture I printed still came out with uneven margins, so I tried to use a picture editing program on my PC to re-size the image and that didn't work either. Is there anything else I can try to fix this issue?

20210602_174651.jpg

HP Recommended

@Angel2953 

The image is missing the left side of the setup in HP Smart Windows.

I cannot tell which of the options you are using.

For example, I cannot see the paper size settings, the photo size, or other options on that menu.

What about the setup?

One of the main considerations is whether the shape of the image fits the shape of the paper you are using.

Even assuming you change the orientation (portrait / landscape), the image might need to be cropped to fit the paper.

The example shows trying both ways:  Crop / Shrink to fit

In the case of the small image used for the example, Crop cuts the image to the shape necessary to fit on the paper.

The "Shrink to fit" forces the "whole image" to be printed at the expense of even margins around the image.

Example the main print menu

HP_Smart_W10_Print_Photo_A4_1HP_Smart_W10_Print_Photo_A4_1

Your printer does not support Borderless.

Product Specifications for the HP DeskJet 2710 All-in-One Printer (5AR83B)

Section Paper Handling

Borderless printing
No

More Settings opens  the print driver.

Whether you can select a shortcut (top row) depends on having installed the Full Feature Software / full driver.

NOTE:  The "full driver" is not the same as the HP Smart application.

Reference

Your printer supports using the Easy Start method to install the software.

Method - Use the Easy Start Wrapper to Install the Full Feature / Full Driver Software

For printers that support the option,

Use the Easy Start wrapper to install and configure the printer software.

• Home Page - HP Easy Start 
  • Open Category Software and Drivers 
  • Topic: Software-Utility 
  • Download-and-Save  the current version of the Easy Start wrapper to install your print software 
  • If using USB:  Disconnect the USB cable between the printer and computer before installing the software.
  • Right-Click on the downloaded package and "Run as Administrator" to start the installation
  • Select to install the “Full Driver” / “Full Feature Software”
  • If using USB:  Connect the cable when instructed to do so (near the end of the installation process).
  • After the software is installed, Restart the computer and log in.

Notes >> Easy Start... The Journey

1. Full Administrator Rights are required to complete the HP Software installation.
  2. About 2/3 of the way through the setup, you will be given the opportunity to select the software - select the "Full Driver" set (as opposed to the basic driver or other application).
  3. You can skip / ignore suggestion(s) that you add the HP Account – you’ll need the account at some point, for now, you can skip this suggestion (as many times as it insists it’s a good idea) during the full driver software installation.
  4. If you see it, you can skip / ignore suggestion(s) regarding Instant Ink subscription.  Instant Ink subscription is NOT mandatory.
  5. Full driver includes print and scan functions supported by your printer and provides the printer features on which other applications / software might depend.

========================================================================

Cannot guess what kind of software you mean here:

"I tried to use a picture editing program on my PC to re-size the image and that didn't work either."

There are certainly photo editing / photo printing software options.

One of the simpler options (well, at least readily available) is to use the old Paint (mspaint) 

It's not very smart but it does allow you to see how your choices impact the final print.

Because your printer requires a larger margin on the one side, 

Set the margins for the print to .5 on all sides.

Change the paper size and the orientation.

Center the photo horizontally and vertically.

Will this work?

Only to the extent that the shape of the image fits the shape of the paper you are using.

For example,

A square photo does not "fit" on rectangular A4 paper.

If the case of the example, the image is roughly the same shape as the little paper.

Were the image square, it would not fit on the 4x6 paper.

Example

Print_Photos_Paint_2FAPrint_Photos_Paint_2FA

========================================================================

I believe I am not explaining this properly.

More words are going to confuse things even more, I think.

If I think of anything else that might be useful, I will post back.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community.

The Community is a separate wing of the HP website - We are not an HP business group.

Our Community is comprised of volunteers - people who own and use HP devices.

Click Thumbs Up to say Thank You.

Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

Dragon-Fur

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.