Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8600 Plus
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

This Officejet Pro 8600 Plus printer is showing "Incompatible ink cartridges.  The following cartridges are not intended for use in this printer.  MCYK" with new genuine cartridges installed.  I started a support case with Dispute warranty and requesting a regionalization reset.  The case was closed with no feedback.  Any suggestions?  How to get a regionalization reset?

Came across the regionalization reset in

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/quot-Incompatible-Ink-Cartr...

Thanks!

DaddyShark

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@DaddyShark, Welcome to HP Support Community!

Regional reset is performed in a case where the printer is shifted from one country to another. Did you move countries?

Which ink cartridges are you using with the printer? Could you share the picture of the same?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks!

The printer has always been in Maryland, USA.

Attaching a picture of the last cartridges that worked and a picture of the cartridges with which the printer shows "Incompatible Ink Cartridges"

Thanks again!

Last cartridges that workedLast cartridges that workedCurrent cartridges that don't workCurrent cartridges that don't work

HP Recommended

@DaddyShark

We need to perform a regional reset on the printer to resolve this issue. 

The reset instructions are specific for your printer and performing those steps on a different printer may brick the device. 

I've sent you a private message with reset instructions, follow the reset instruction to perform a full reset and re-initialize the printer. 

In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

Keep me posted.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@TEJ1602 got me the code to do a region reset, but when this code was entered, the following error dialog appeared.  

OJP8600-region-reset-error.png

DaddyShark

HP Recommended

@DaddyShark

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Can anyone help please?

I have a HP K8600 printer and have been using remanufactured ink cartridges for years successfully. All of a sudden i cannot use any. I have tried to reset printer and have used a completely new set of cartridges however no use.

When i installed another full new set the 4 lights above the cartridges began flashing which i haven't seen before unless an individual cartridge was out of ink. In this case i would replace the ink cartridge and would be up and running again. This is a second brand new set so they aren't out of ink.

I did try to block HP from updating the firmware. The printer is not connected to the internet and never has been. It didn't appear to be the issue. I did have some trouble using this though, on Windows 10.

Would be very grateful for any assistance please?

Best wishes

A249

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.