cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
cmm11
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

"Printer Failure: There is a problem with the printer or ink system."

HP Recommended
Officejet Pro 8600
Microsoft Windows 10 IOT

In the middle of printing, my printer stopped working and displayed an error message that reads "Printer Failure: There is a problem with the printer or ink system. Turn printer off, then on. If problem persists, contact HP". When pressing the ? icon, it reads "General Printer Error", then gives me Solution 1-to turn the product off and back on, and Solution 2-to contact HP support after writing down the error code that is "provided in the message". The message, of course, gives me no error code, and the HP virtual agent was useless. The HP Scan Doctor said there is no issue, the HP Smart App troubleshooting feature said there is no issue, yet I still cannot get my printer screen to display anything but the error message. My printer is out of warranty, but I have used it for maybe a year and a half, if even. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
SAM20211
4 3 0 0
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, I have the same issue - even bought new cartridges. Did you fix the error?

It's very annoying as its a great printer

The printer is HP Officejet Pro 8620 and I use an Apple computer

0 Kudos
cmm11
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

no, haven't been able to fix it unfortunately...hoping someone from support might be able to help soon, because I agree the printer itself works well.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation