Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP COLOR LASERJET M181FW
macOS 10.15 Catalina

I printed and scanned in yesterday all fine, today - the printer now is showing a "Supply Error". Have rebooted, taken the cartridges back out and back in etc and nothing has resolved.

This printer has been a nightmare since I got it and has been extremely temperamental. 

Has anyone seen this error recently on HP COLOR LASERJET M181FW and able to offer a resolution? 

Biggest waste of £250!

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@JAYBRUCE

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Could you help me with the same issue?  I have also tried the online steps to fix the problem but it is not working.

HP Recommended

Hi Betty

have exactly the same problem, obviously after the latest firmware update. 
looking forward to some help from HP, who has virtually stolen my printer. In any way legally questionable...

HP Recommended

@Jan2762 @Framas

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Which Printer do you have?

Thanks 🙂

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Betty,

I got a Color Laserjet Pro MFP M181fw

Looking forward to resolution, as the first trial with Jay and doing the "super NVRAM reset" didn't work out.

Thanks. 

HP Recommended

I'm afraid that's the last step of troubleshooting.

Thanks!

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

So..??

What can I do now..?? It's been the HP firmware which made the printer useless at the moment...

Unbelievable behavior of HP, scrutinizing its customers...

HP Recommended

We shall escalate this case.

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have a supply problem on my HP Colour Laserjet M181Fw.

How do I fix it please?

Kind regards,

Deb

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.