Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Deskjet 3050A
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

Hi!

Been having this issue for a little while and it's getting frustrating...

Upon printing a document with my deskjet 3050A, some areas of the page appear to be "shifted" horizontally and printed multiple times (see test page below). I've cleaned the heads, the paper feed and the back of page smear: Nothing. I've tried to fix the alignement but the align page doesn't print correctly and the scanner doesn't recognize it, so alignment fails too.

Any Idea where this might come from? and how to fix it?

Thanks for the help,

Best,

Teiva

Testpage.png

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @TeivaV,

I'd be happy to assist you with the  "print quality" issue. 

To better assist you - 

1) Does the copy print out the same way? 

2) What's the application you are trying to print from? Have you tried printing from a different application or device? 

While you respond to that, let's print a Printer status report page

1. Load plain white paper in the input tray.

2. On the product control panel, press Setup (). The Setup menu displays.

3. Press the button () next to the Down Arrow () to select Tools, and then press the button () next to OK. The Tools menu displays.

4. Press the button () next to the Down Arrow () to select Printer Status Report, and then press the button () next to OK. The Printer Status Report prints.

Post the Print Quality Diagnostic page here so we can help you further. 

You may also refer to this document with steps to fix " Print Quality Issues" issue applicable for your printer -  Print Quality Issues 

Also, try updating the printer's firmware - HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.