cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

Solved!

setup cartridges

HP Recommended
HP Envy Photo 7855

I purchased a printer HP Envy Photo 7855 and I do not have the setup ink cartridges.  Can you help me set it up wothout them?

Thanks,

Rube3

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,452 14,454 1,424 1,671
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi @Rube3

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I have sent you a private message with the steps to bypass the setup ink message which is specific to your printer. Check next to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I bought an HP Envy Photo 7855 a year ago which I took out of the box and never set up. I probably threw away the setup cartridges because I didn't realize they were there. It's way too late to return the printer. I've seen several HP tech responses to this kind of problem which involved sending a private message to solve this problem. Can you please send one to me, or help me somehow? Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,124 24,012 1,326 1,409
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ceili

Welcome to the HP support community.

I am sending you a private message with the steps to skip the setup cartridges. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

These instructions were incomplete and therefore extremely frustrating. Even my husband who is an experienced software engineer could not get HP's emailed instructions to skip the setup cartridges to work.

The steps started with the assumption we could get to the Home Screen to begin. However even after powering off then on, the Home Screen showed only "use setup cartridges that came with your printer". The home screen button was not lit up - because setup was disabled until setup cartridges were inserted - which obviously I do not have!!! HP please explain how to get to home screen when the only available option on the home screen is to use setup cartridges.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
3 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

It seems to me HP is using these setup cartridges to benefit themselves at the cost of making this product usable. Please see description of inadequate HP solution which I just posted.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
24,124 24,012 1,326 1,409
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Ceili

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation