cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
3 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

transfer cartridges to my new printer

HP Recommended
Deskjet 2130
macOS 10.12 Sierra

transfer cartridges to my new printer deskjet 2130 but my old printer with same model was throw away.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,205 14,199 934 1,109
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Arl1605, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

What is the issue you are facing with the printer/ink cartridges?

Kindly elaborate to assist you better.

Keep me posted.

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
3 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

On May2020, the old printer 2130 won't work and show error. I replaced new  63XL tricolour cartridges and black cartridges.. but the error light still on...

As I need my printer urgently, I bough a new printer with same model 2130 and use the new cartridges which come with new printer. Then, I keep the new cartridges 63XL and throw away my old printer.

Now, my cartridges use up... I reuse my old cartridges that was new buy on May and haven't use yet..

The black cartridges shown ok but tricolor cartridges show protected... I want to unlock the cartridges but cant find the way because my old printer was already throw away...

Is there any way to unlock my cartridges now?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
14,205 14,199 934 1,109
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Arl1605

Thank you for the response. It seems like the HP Protected Cartridge setting was enabled on the first printer.

You can disable this setting, however, this does not "switch off" the protection already assigned to the cartridges that are "protected".

Once a cartridge is "protected", that cartridge can only be used in the printer in which the setting was enabled.(the 1st printer)

Unfortunately, there is no option to "Unprotect" a previously protected cartridge.

If this setting is enabled in the current printer, to disable it, you will have to access the EWS page of the printer. The printer should be on a network. Print a test page to obtain the IP address and type it in a web browser.

Tab Settings > category Preferences > HP Cartridge Protection > Disable

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation