Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-13-2018 05:26 PM - edited 11-13-2018 05:41 PM
I have two PDF files that will not print in color. I tried all possible permutations, including printing as image. Nothing worked. Printout comes B&W only. I was told that some HP printers have problems with some PDF files. Hmm.
11-15-2018 05:04 PM
Welcome to HP forums, I see that your printer is not printing in color.
- Did you try to print from a different application and check if that prints fine?
- Did you make a copy and check if that prints fine?
Print a Print Quality Diagnostic report.
Make sure to load the input tray with plain, white paper.
On the printer control panel, swipe the display to the left, and then touch Setup.
Swipe up on the display, and then touch Print Quality Report.
A Print Quality Diagnostic report prints.
Keep the Print Quality Diagnostic report for easy reference later in this document.
Reply with the result of the above-mentioned steps, for further assistance.
I am an HP Employee
11-15-2018 05:27 PM
I did not say that my 4650 print won't print in color. Please, read what I wrote: I said that some PDF files will not print in color. The printer prints fine other files including other PDf files. But not all PDf files. I tried everyrthing possible, print image, you name it, I tried, wasting lots of paper in the process. I found that there is a bug in some HP printer drivers regarding printing PDF files in color. The offending PDF files were printed just fine in color on another manufacturer printer, non HP printer.
If you are interested in fixing the bug I can send you the one page long PDF.
Let me know
11-15-2018 06:53 PM
Thanks for the reply.
I appreciate your time and effort.
Update the printer firmware
Refer this HP document for the steps to update the printer firmware:- Click here
Perform root level uninstalltion to remove all the printer related software's.
- In Windows, search for and open Programs and Features.
- Select your HP printer.
- Select Uninstall.
- In Windows, search for and open Devices and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window look for your HP Printer. If you see it listed, right-click on it and choose "Delete" or "Remove Device.”
- Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo.
- Type printui.exe /s and click OK.
- Click on Drivers tab.
- Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it click on it and click Remove at the bottom.
- Select OK.
- Remove all instances of the same.
- Select Apply and OK on the Print Server Properties windows.
- Close Devices and Printers.
- Restart the PC again.
Download and install full feature driver.
Click here to download the driver.
Let me know if that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee