Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP seems to claim ownership on my rights to use my physical printer as I may see fit.  I wish to explore alternate inks, but the machine seems to be programmed to whine and complain about anything other than product by HP.  The firmware system by HP does not appear to allow "downgrading" to previous versions such as may allow experimenting with other inks.  Is there any fair and reasonable path to finding and using such software.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
HP Recommended

Thank you, I will try this today!   ...   I will let you know re how it plays out.

HP Recommended

check the video i created today for proof and preference.. 🙂

HP Recommended

they delete my post on my profile hahaha... they dont wanna let others to know about the way of donwgrading.... hahaha... HP expert

HP Recommended

you security is breached by your own site firmware files not mine... 😆 im just sharing.... kindly check link and watch the video of upgrade and downgrade 😄 just check the link if i used something suspicious.. 😄

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.