cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Common problems for INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Instant Ink. Check out this link: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER. .
joan19421
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

where do I find the WPS number to set up my new printer

HP Recommended
hp officejet 6598
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

when setting up my new printer it's asking for a WPS number where do I find it

1 REPLY 1
The_Fossette
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
29,155 29,140 1,944 2,571
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@joan19421,

Welcome to the HP Forums!

Thank you for posting your query on this forum, it's a great place to find answers.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Please note the conditions that need to be met in order to use WPS pushbutton mode:

• Both your printer and wireless router must support WPS pushbutton mode. Consult your printer and wireless router manuals.
  • The wireless router must have a physical WPS pushbutton available.
  • Your network must use WPA or WPA2 security. Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if WEP or no security is used.
  • Most WPS wireless routers will not connect using the WPS method if you are using the manufacturer’s default for the network name and no security.

To connect your wireless printer to your wireless router using WPS:

• Start the WPS pushbutton mode on your printer. 
    For instructions on starting WPS on your printer, consult your printer's manual.
  • Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your router.

To connect the printer using the PIN Method:

• On the printer control panel, touch (Wireless), and then touch Settings.
  • Touch Wi-Fi Protected Setup, and then follow the on-screen instructions.
  • When prompted, touch PIN. The WPS PIN appears on the display.
  • Open the configuration utility or software for the wireless router or wireless access point, and then enter the WPS PIN. NOTE: For more information about using the configuration utility, see the documentation provided with the router or wireless access point. Wait for about two minutes. If the printer connects successfully, the wireless light stops blinking but remains lit.
  • After the setup has completed, the network printer drivers can be installed by opening the printer's HP folder in Programs or All Programs, clicking Printer Setup and Software, and selecting Connect a new printer.

Please refer to the below link for more information.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06006790

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation