Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
officejet pro 8710 all-in-one
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

it is impossible to put the printer on line , as it is impossible to establish a connection between hp pavilion desktop and the printer. the printer window is not fully functioning .

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @jecur,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand you printer is showing wireless function is disabled. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the Printer before the issue started?

Have you tried to restore the printer to the network defaults?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let's try to restore the printer to the network defaults, Here are the steps: 

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the

Dashboard, and then touch (Setup).

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Restore Network Settings.

A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.

4. Touch Yes.

5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would suggest here is to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hi @jecur,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I understand you printer is showing wireless function is disabled. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the Printer before the issue started?

Have you tried to restore the printer to the network defaults?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Let's try to restore the printer to the network defaults, Here are the steps: 

1. From the printer control panel, touch or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to open the

Dashboard, and then touch (Setup).

2. Touch Network Setup.

3. Touch Restore Network Settings.

A message appears stating that the network defaults will be restored.

4. Touch Yes.

5. Print the network configuration page and verify that the network settings have been reset.

If you have followed the steps suggested and still having the issue. I would suggest here is to perform an advanced reset on the printer. 

I am sending you a private message with the steps to reset the printer. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile,

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

as soon as i was able to identify the bent arrow symbol, icould solve my problem. many thanks to all who responded to my request for help.

however, this is he second response which i have made in reaction to the help which i eceived.

but i am obliged to you all.

jecur.

HP Recommended

@jecur

You're most welcome.

As @Jeet_singh is out of the office today, I'm replying to you.

I'm glad that the issue is fixed.

You've been fabulous to work with considering your superb technical skills, remarkable patience and great attitude. Kudos to you for that.

Happy printing! 🙂

HP Recommended

I have followed all the on screen instructions for resetting my printer and my report still has this message

802.11 Wireless  You cannot use the device's wireless function because it has been disabled.  For more information contact your network administrator or the person who set up the device. 

I am the person and this message has appeared since day one.  I never bothered to fix it as I have Ethernet but I now want to connect my laptop and it is a problem. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.