Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro X576dw Multifunction Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
I started experiencing this issue after a printhead error message. I replaced all the ink cartridges with genuine HP. The printer appears to boot up ok and goes to the screen with the function icons. As soon as I tap on one icon, the touchscreen freezes up and printer is unresponsive. The only way out of it is to pull the power cable. 

This seems to be the same or very similar issue reported by someone else here:
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/x576dw-screen-freezes-after...
There really wasn't any solution provided in that thread, so reaching out to see if there are any other troublshooting ideas or fixes for this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.