Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

HI!

Printer: sl m2675

Connection: USB

Same error:( After upgrade, Easy Document creator I/O error when I want to scan. ScanToPC same error!

Driver uninstall/reinstall NOT resovle this problem.

HP Recommended

Hi,

the same error occurred to my customer's M2070FW printer after update to Windows 10 1803 in USB connection..

Just tryed to update fw for the printer and all the drivers pachages with a clean install on the desktop PC, but the error still remain.

The only way I found at this time, is to install the printer in LAN / Ethernet mode. But I still wait for someting that resolves the bug..

Let's wait for someting good..

HP Recommended

Same problem here after Win 10 v 1803 update with Samsung M2675FN scanner.

2018-05-17_10-45-30.png

HP Recommended

Having the exact same problem. :HalfEyes: Can someone from Samsung/HP please give us any indication whether an updated driver is in the works.

HP Recommended

I expereinced the same probelm and went through a whole slew of pontential solutions including testing out Windows Fax and Scan, downloading and testing out Windows Scan app, using my PDF editor (Nitro Pro) and a number of other things.  What I finally found to be the best solution though was this...

Donlwoading NAPS2 (Not Another PDF Scanner 2).  I think it might actually be a better app than the Samsung software I was using before.  Very easy to use with a lot of options.  I would highly recommend it...

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjw_cPLp5Pb...

HP Recommended

I have a Samsung M3375FD Laser Printer. I also have the same problem with the Easy Document Creator. After the win10 last update the software can not communcate with the printer. Before the Samsung M3375 I had an Lexmark which had the same problem with his scanning-software (long before the last Win10 update) and I forced to return him because he was useless without the software. Now I have the same problem with my Samsung. It is very disappointing that HP hasn't got any solution yet or even more that there is no announcement that they are trying to fix the problem. 

HP Recommended

+1 .. using SCX-3405 here.

Really HATE this stupid Microsoft Windows 10 update, make things difficult with no benefits for me!

I wish there was a better system than this.

HP Recommended

So a short summary to the problem.

1) after upgrade to windows 1803 easy document creator don't recognize scanner (so you can't scan with the bundle application);

2) Uninstall and reinstall don't change the situation (even in a clean installation of windows);

3) In a post message, an user receive an answer from HP that say ask to Microsoft. In Microsoft forum some people suggest some "trick" (like install driver in compatibility mode), not working.

4) Use other program to scan (like Naps), less simple than EDC (for me a temporary solution).

I ask formally to HP support, if there is a fix in plan, to continue using Easy Document Creator.

Thanks for your attention

DaTo5 

HP Recommended

I have same issue after Win 1803 build was installed.  Is a fix coming from either Microsoft or HP?

Thanks

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.